Blood and Body Fluids: Why You Should Get a Trained Person to Clean Up
LBloodshed is the result of most injuries – big or small. Blood and body fluid cleanup is no task you should be taken upon yourself. You need to get a trained person to clean these up. Professionals will provide the right kind of sanitation and restore your residential safety. Proper handling is important, as is proper disposal. Here are some reasons why you should get a trained person to clean up blood or bodily fluids:
· Because it is safer – federal regulations are followed.
· Because it is traumatic to do so yourself in the wake of a homicide or suicide.
· Because professionals know the proper procedures of disposal of all kinds of waste.
· Because they belong to licensed companies who deal directly with insurance companies and you will face lower costs.
Risk If You Don’t Hire A Trained Person
Accidents that involve blood or other biohazards pose safety risks and improper cleaning can have serious consequences on your health and the health of those around you. Blood and body fluids such as saliva, urine, vaginal fluid, and semen can contain viruses that can be passed on to other people. Contact with these without protective gear is hazardous.
Here are the risks if you don’t properly get these fluids cleaned up:
· Risk of HIV
· Hepatitis B or C
· Blood borne illnesses
The risk of infection is higher if your skin is punctured or broken as you come into contact with infected blood. There’s a lower risk of infection if the blood comes in contact with your mouth, eyes, or nose. There’s very little risk of infection if the blood comes into contact with unbroken skin. Either way, you should report the exposure and get it checked right away.
In case of contact, do the following:
· Clean the exposed region thoroughly.
· Seek instant attention and evaluation.
· Review the record of immunization of the exposed person.
· Refer the suitable medical care, evaluation, and post-exposure follow-up treatment to the affected person.
It’s also important to contact a trained individual to do cleaning as they will have the equipment needed to thoroughly clean the area where the blood or body fluids are present. This includes disposable gloves, towels, and disinfectants.
Bio-one Duval County can help you in this regard. We offer services for trauma and biohazard scenes such as suicide cleanup, blood spill cleanup and decomposition, and cleanup after there has been a death in the area. All these can lead to serious health problems if not dealt with properly. We realize the extent of the harm they can cause which is why we make it a point to always provide professional, safe, and thorough services.